On demand and scheduled courier, or delivery companies offer different types of distribution services.
While many people think of a courier as a person carrying an important envelope under their arm, either biking or driving to deliver it, actually most courier and delivery companies offer far more diversified services.
Here a some of the delivery solutions you can find from you local and regional courier companies:
1. On Demand Messenger: A package needs to picked up in 4 hours or less and delivered the same business day.
2. On Demand Express Freight: A shipment requiring a truck needs to be picked up and delivered the same business day.
3. Scheduled Courier Services: A company or organization requires multiple stops to be picked up and delivered on a regularly scheduled basis.
4. Driver staffing: A company or organization outsources their drivers and vehicles to a courier company.
5. Overnight courier service: Picking up shipments and delivering the following day, or following business day.
6. 3PLl or Third Party Logistics: Refers to an array of services that include logistics services for part, or all of their supply chain management functions.
7. Warehousing and Distribution: Courier companies allow customers to store their products at the courier’s warehouse and distributed on either an on-demand or scheduled basis.
There are variation of these services and other services not listed here, but these are the primary services offered by courier companies.
HB Express provides quotes from 5 of the most reliable courier and delivery companies on California.